Integrating Direct Mail Campaigns with Digital
Top Tips for integrating traditional DM with digital
First and foremost the creative must be seamlessly integrated across channels to ensure the campaign looks and feels like a coordinated integrated campaign.
It’s never enough to just expect users to flock to online touch points just because you have a link or a fancy Facebook logo in your DM campaign. Give the target audience a valid reason to take action and move online as part of a campaign.
CONTENT, OFFER AND CALL TO ACTION
Use an offer or compelling content to drive prospects to respond online and make any call to action both prominent and easy to respond to.
Keep copy short and to the point!
GET QR CODES RIGHT
QR codes can be time consuming. Consumers need to get their phone, open an app, point the camera, and wait for the code to open. For all that effort there needs to be a payoff. So here are 4 things to keep in mind when integrating QR codes to your DM campaign:
- Don’t just have a QR code for the sake of it (it needs to add value to a campaign)
- Make the information or content highly relevant to the campaign
- Ensure the information is mobile friendly and mobile-optimised
- Track with a code management system to ensure the campaign measurement.
CAPTURE LEADS WITH LANDING PAGE
Everyone knows about them, but not everyone uses them properly. They can be a great platform to combine traditional DM with online to capture leads faster that any website or form. To maximize the effectiveness of a landing page here are some pointers:
- Make it a logical extension of the DM communication. Keep the design and message similar to the DM so the transition is smooth and makes sense to the recipient
- Remove all navigation features from landing pages. Keep it simple to keep visitors on the page and don’t distract them before they take action
- Nobody wants to ‘submit’ anything! So try and avoid using the term ‘submit’ on the form to make it more user friendly
- Make sure to track and analyse metrics. Get insight into the performance and track it back to the DM campaign. The insight can help optimise marketing for future campaigns.
Edgar Zacharjev – Marketing Executive DMCM
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to our newsletter